Concrete surfaces can become slippery over time & pose a significant slip fall hazard.
There are several factors that reduce slip resistance of a concrete surface:
- ‘Wear & tear’ from foot traffic, vehicles and forklifts
- Contamination from grit and sand
- Moisture moving through the slab
- Sloped surfaces
- Cleaning regime
- Water contamination from toilets, external entrances, water fountains & eating areas
- Incorrect sealer applied
We have a number of anti slip solutions for concrete floors. Each case is assessed individually to determine the best way forward.
- Shot Blasting – Shot blasters use fine ball bearings to clean concrete, leaving the surface with a ‘sandpaper’ finish.
- Diamond Grinding – uses metal bond diamonds to create a non slip surface
- Diamond Brush – uses a diamond impregnated brush & water to cut the surface
- Coatings – can be applied with an aggregate to increase slip resistance
- Scarifying- used where an aggressive anti slip surface is required i.e. sloped driveways, horse stables & stock yards
Call Rob for a free quote and site inspection on 0408 671 680